An introduction to the Gender Equality Audit and Monitoring (GEAM) tool
Friday, October 8th, 10:00-12.15 CEST
- Jörg Müller
- Sergi Yanes
- Introduce basic concepts regarding online survey deployment for Gender Equality, including data protection, available technical solutions, measurement issues
- Understand the architecture of the GEAM infrastructure
- Get an overview of the basic components (indicators) of the GEAM questionnaire
- Understand the importance of customization and (national, regional, organizational) context for questionnaire development and deployment.
- Critical understanding of feminist perspective on quantitative data, statistical analysis, measurement.
- Gender Equality officers
- Human resources officers
- Science managers
- Researchers and academics forming part of equality committees and working groups
This workshop is specifically geared towards individuals with little experience in the social sciences, with no previous knowledge regarding the design and implementation of online surveys. The GEAM is a framework to generate and report high quality data on gender equality without in-depth previous knowledge to design and implement surveys.